Become An Athlete
Potential Athletes Must:
- Be identified as having an intellectual disability or a closely related developmental disability.
- Be eight years of age or older.
- Be registered with the SOSD State Office
- A valid Application for Participation (medical and consent realase) must be on file
- Complete mandatory training requirements.
- 15 hours training 8 weeks prior to competition (15 games instead of 15 hours for bowling)
- Submit the appropriate registration materials by the designated due dates for each.
Athletes compete as part of a Local Delegation. Local Delegations are located in many communities throughout the state of South Dakota. Find a Local Delegation near you to get started. List of Local Delegations (Not limited to those listed)
To Find out more information about competitions and what sports are offered click here