Fundraising & Special Events
Special Olympics South Dakota is an independent non-profit organization. The majority of our funding is through donations from caring individuals, businesses, organizations, and corporations.
Sponsoring/Donating to an area or state competition:
Throughout the course of the year Special Olympics South Dakota offers 19 area competitions and 7 state competitions. A big part of what makes these events possible are the many donations and sponsors of individuals and businesses. These generous donations go into the cost of facility usage, meals, housing, and other operating costs.
If you are interested in donating/sponsoring one of these events please call the SOSD state office at 1.800.585.2114 or contact Darryl Nordquist at firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a donation to Special Olympics South Dakota with a credit card (MasterCard and Visa):
To make a donation via check or money order, send to:
Special Olympics South Dakota
800 E. I-90 Lane
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
For more information contact:
Special Olympics South Dakota is always looking for ways to improve the capabilities to offer the best experience to our athletes. SOSD looks to continue to be innovative and current. To do this SOSD is seeking a number of wish list items from caring donors and sponsors. Here is a list of those items:
- Water Pitchers – 12 @ $2 each
- Storage Totes – 20 @ $8 each
- Stopwatches – 10 @ $17 each
- Airpots – 4 @ $25 each
- 4# Shot Puts – 2 @ $25 each
- Crock Pots – 4 @ $25
- Regulation Game Basketballs – 10 @ $40 each
- Turbo Javs – 12 @ $40 each
- Banquet Style Drink Dispensers – 4 @ $70
- Basketball Rack – 2 @ $90 each
- Portable Literature Cabinet – $200
- Popcorn Machine – $200
- Event Filming Drone – $200
- Support an Athlete for a Year – $425
- Volleyball Pad Pole – Set 2 @ $490 each
- Generators – 2 @ $1,000 each
- Flag Pole – $1,200
- 7 x 14 Enclosed Trailer – $4,000
- Donor Recognition Display – $5,000
- New Vans – 2 @ $40,000
- Walmart Gift Cards – Any Denomination
- Gasoline Gift Cards – Any Denomination
- Storage Totes – $8 each
- Table Clothes – $15 each
- Coolers (62 qt or larger) – $60-$100
- Flag Pole – $150
- Volleyball Pad Pole Set – $300
- Sound System – $1,000
- Yard Games (any)
- Weekly Cleaners
* Not limited to this list. If you have/know something that could help SOSD please contact us.
Special Olympics South Dakota is proud to have endowment fund accounts at both the South Dakota Community Foundation and the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation. Although our balances are not large, we are committed to growing our endowment funds in an effort to provide a stable future for SOSD.
SOSD is always looking for grant writing opportunities that would benefit our program, and ultimately our athletes.
For more information regarding endowments and grants, please contact us.
Darryl Nordquist, President/CEO