About Our Volunteers
Special Olympics would not exist today - and could not have been created - without the time, energy, dedication, and commitment of the more than 500,000 Special Olympics volunteers.
There are many ways you can become involved...and Inspire Greatness!
- Serve as certified Special Olympics coaches.
- Volunteer at a Special Olympics event.
- Organize, coach or play on Unified Sports® teams.
- Participate in one of our many fundraising events throughout the year.
- Make financial or in-kind donations as individuals or through a business.
- Conduct fundraising campaigns in schools or through a civic group, church, or other organization.
- Name Special Olympics as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, will, or employee payroll deduction.
- Make donations of goods, services, or vital office supplies to local Special Olympics programs.
- Encourage members of your civic groups to volunteer their professional services to Special Olympics programs and events.
Please, join the Special Olympics movement today. To learn more about sports programs, volunteer and contribution opportunities contact the State Office at 1-800-585-2114.
Types of Volunteers
All Volunteers fall under one of three categories:
Class A Volunteers: